FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System (FSMS) Certification Scheme
What is FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System (FSMS) Certification Scheme?
It is drafted to allow the food industry companies with an ISO-based food safety management system certification that is accepted by the Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSI). Once a food Industry company has been recognized by GFSI, it provides global recognition and approval by food manufacturers and retailers. The certification scheme explains requirements for unified processes that work hand in hand to control and minimize food safety hazards.
When an organization applies processes that address all the requirements of FSSC 22000, they can be certified to it. The foundation for Food Safety Certification manages the certification program for FSSC 22000. It uses a management system technique to food safety using ISO 22000 for the management system requirements and ISO Technical standards for Prerequisite Program (PRP) requirements. The FSMS Is well-merged with other management systems like ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 for example.
FSSC 22000 Prerequisite Program (PRP) requirements are programs and practices required to put in place to direct the role the working environment plays in giving rise to safe food products. It requires an organization to develop PRP in order to control the likelihood of presenting contamination within the work environment. Depending on an organization’s industry, there are different PRP requirements such as ISO/TS 22002-1: Food processing, ISO 22002-2: Catering and ISO 22002-4: Food packaging manufacturing.
What are the requirements of FSSC 22000?
To be able to achieve certification to FSSC 22000, an organization must comply to its requirements and will be audited by a licensed Certification body and thereby receive a valid certificate. The requirements are set out in three documents which are the following:
- ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management System requirements;
- Sector specific Prerequisite Program (PRP) requirements, i.e. ISO/TS 22002 series or other specified PRP standard, and;
- FSSC additional requirements.
Furthermore, the requirements for any organization in the food chain are set out in ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management System standard. For PRP, FSSC 22000 certification scheme specifies mandatory application of technical specifications expounding the PRPs based in Clause 8.2 of ISO 22000:2018.
The requirements are defined in ISO 22002 series, depending on the sector the food industry company it belongs to, and/or other PRP standard. FSSC 22000 additional requirements are the following:
- Management of Services
- Product Labeling
- Food Defense
- Food Fraud
- Use of Logo
- Allergen Management (Food chain category-specific)
- Environmental Monitoring (Food chain category-specific)
- Product Formulation (Food chain category-specific)
- Transport and Delivery (Food chain category-specific)
If you are involved in the food industry and looking for FSSC 22000 certification for your organization, contact us and get all the benefits that are available
How to get FSSC 22000 certification in UAE?
Sterling International Consulting FZE followsa worldwide proven FSSC 22000 implementation methodology customized to UAE business requirements, resulting in an effective FSSC 22000 implementation and result oriented FSSC 22000 certifications in UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Contact Sterling International Consulting FZE at firstname.lastname@example.org with an application for FSSC 22000 certification.
- We will send you a proposal and project plan covering all phases of the implementation, training, consulting and certification.
- Once you send us your signed approval, we will assign a dedicated FSSC 22000 consultant to your company who will act as a project manager until you receive FSSC 22000 certification.
- The FSSC 22000 consultant will guide and assist you in the documentation process, from the beginning of implementation, during step-by-step implementation up to running your newly established system.
- We will assist your team in carrying out FSSC 22000 internal audit or if required, your assigned FSSC 22000 consultant can perform an internal audit.
- We carry out FSSC 22000 preassessment audit and assist you to close the FSSC 22000 audit observations to ensure your organization is 100% ready for the certification audit.
- We finalize with the GFSI-accredited FSSC 22000 certification body as per your preference and finalize the date for FSSC 22000 audit.
- We provide any assistance during the audit to ensure successful completion of the FSSC 22000 certification audit.
- Finally, your organization receives an FSSC 22000 certificate.