What is certification to ISO 9001
ISO 9001 is a global standard for Quality Management Systems. A common-sense approach is ensured through principles and frameworks provided by the ISO 9001 standard to manage organizations, thus consistently meeting customer wants and interested stakeholders. In addition, certification of the ISO 9001 standard provides the foundation for efficient processes and convenient customers, thus consistently delivering high-quality products and services.
For a business or organization to be successful in its endeavors, customers must be confident that the goods or services provided meet or exceed their expectations. Certification of ISO 9001 enables potential customers to quickly and easily determine whether the company has invested in ensuring the products or services provided are of the best quality. As a result, certification of ISO 9001 has been analyzed to have increased globally with a rate of 3.5%.
How to get certification to ISO 9001
To obtain certification, organizations must first implement a quality management system by the current ISO 9001 standard and then edit the QMS using an accredited auditor. As a result, the organization is typically certified and requires to be recertified after three years. In addition, ISO 9001 certification must earn organizations or individuals through a strict auditing process.
For organizations to get a certification of ISO 9001 structure, they have to:
- – Create and implement a quality management system based on the principles of the most recent standards of the ISO 9001 structure.
- – Request for an audit from a certified body or registrar to evaluate the organization’s QMS performance against the recent ISO 9001 standards.
- – Organizations must recertify every three years to ensure they are still up to their standards even with the new changes.
Regarding individuals, ISO 9001 has not recommended personal standards; thus, individuals cannot be certified. However, after taking a training course for five days, individuals can become certified auditors. Therefore basic steps to get certified begins with an application, assessment, two phases of initial auditing certifications, and finally obtaining certification.
Benefits of getting certification to ISO 9001
There are several benefits the organization gains from having an ISO 9001 that is certified. Some of these benefits include:
- – Boosts the performance of employees, increasing the organization’s productivity. Therefore, consistently performing audits maintains employees’ focus to curb outlined processes.
- – The organization defines the quality of control processes implemented. Key metrics used to improve the performance of a system’s organization initiates by implementing the ISO 9001 certification.
- – Enforces strategies convenient for maintaining a consistent improvement. ISO 9001 identifies areas that cause wastage and implements preventive procedures to reduce waste. A streamlined operation system indicates the organization has an effective and efficient structure.
- – Reduces manual labor by introducing the organization to process integration and automation.
- – The production of high-quality products or service rendering boosts the company’s confidence by attracting and winning stakeholders and customers’ trust. Therefore having a certified ISO 9001 structure will provide the necessary resources and tools to promote the long-term production of effective services and products.
To know more about ISO 9001 Standard implementation and certification, talk to our expert ISO Consultants right away at firstname.lastname@example.org or a phone call at +971 5058 42597