ISO Certification in UAE
What are ISO standards
ISO standards are published by the International Organization for Standardization – Geneva – Switzerland. Objective of various ISO standards is to promote standardization across the world with several process standards, products standards and industry specific standards. ISO has published more than 21,584 standards and has members in 162 countries, and 788 technical bodies for standard development. For more visits on various ISO standards or purchase an ISO Standard for your organization, visit www.iso.org
At sterling, we always refer our clients to an IAF approved and accredited ISO certification body to ensure validity, authenticity and genuineness of your ISO certificate. With many fake ISO certification bodies operating in the UAE market, remember to check and verify the below to ensure you get certified with a real certification body and not a bogus certification body whose ISO certificate carries no value and is not worth more than a piece of paper:
- Check if the certification body is accredited?
- Check if the accreditation of the certification body is real and not fake.
- It is mandatory for the certification body to be a member of IAF.
- Ensure it is not a dummy set up run by one/few incompetent persons who are interested in making money by selling ISO certificates. You may get into a big problem by getting certified by such companies.
- Ask them for their certification approach and ensure they satisfy your queries effectively.
Read our white paper on how to select an ISO consultant who will help you get certified with a genuine ISO Certification body here.
How to get ISO certification in UAE?
ISO Certification in United Arab Emirates can be achieved by hiring a approved and accredited consulting company by calling +971 505842597 or sending an email at email@example.com. Ensure and remember to validate professionalism, qualification, competence, domain expertise and experience of the ISO Certification services provider in the UAE before making a decision to hire the company.
ISO certification in UAE can be achieved using the below 11 steps:
- Select the most appropriate ISO standard for your organization and operations like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, HACCP, ISO 22000, ISO 27001, ISO 17025, ISO 17020, ISO 13485 etc.
- Hire Sterling by calling +971 505842597 or sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conduct a gap assessment to identify gaps in your organization.
- Develop documentation including policies, procedures, work instructions, templates, forms etc. and implement them to make the ISO system live.
- Train employees on the specific ISO standard(s) to generate required competence and awareness.
- Conduct an internal audit to check effectiveness of the implementation
- Close internal audit findings by improving your documentation / compliance
- Carry out a management review to check adequacy of the ISO system
- Call an accredited and well known certification body to conduct the audit for the selected ISO standards.
- Close audit findings if any and receive your ISO certificate
- Continue with your annual ISO surveillance audits and maintain your ISO system for maximum business benefits.
Requirements for ISO certification in UAE
Irrespective of the ISO standard like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, HACCP, ISO 27001, ISO 22000 etc. you decide to implement and get certified in your organization, there are several common requirements you will come across and implement:
ISO 45001:2018 is compatible with both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. Some of the important components of ISO 45001 are:
Given below is a list of 10 mandatory requirements for any ISO standard:
- Objectives, planning & tracking
- Training records
- Competence records
- Identification of role, responsibilities and authority
- Identification of critical business processes as per the standard and documenting them
- Documented information like SOPs, procedures and related records for mandatory documentation as required by specific standard under implementation
- Deviation management / non conformity records
- Internal Audit programme, plan, schedule, report etc
- Management Review plan, output and action plan related records
Cost of ISO Certification in UAE
Cost of ISO certification in UAE, Dubai, Abu Dhabi depends on several parameters as indicated below:
- Consulting charges including training, gap assessment, documentation, implementation assistance, internal audit etc.
- Certification body charges
A major variable in determination of ISO Certification charges in the UAE is the selection of certification body. Some Certification bodies charge as less as 2,000 AED for ISO 9001 certification in UAE while some well reputed certification bodies charge 10,000+ AED for the same company. Some consulting companies charge 3,000 AED for ISO 9001 consulting while another consulting company will cost 15,000+ AED for the same company. Remember to stay away from fly by night operators and consultants/certification bodies who are selling certificates at a cheap rate. This may put you in a serios trouble including loss of business, reputation and profit.
As per market research data, typical cost/price of ISO certification in UAE can vary from 5,000 AED to 20,000 AED depending on the size of the company and maturity of their existing processes.
Time frame to get ISO certified in UAE
Time required to get ISO certificate varies depending on existing compliance to various requirements of the ISO standard, status of documentation and size of the company. If the implementation is over and complete with required documentation in place, a company can get ISO certified in as quick as 1 week post completion of the certification audit. As per industry data, normally companies in UAE take 1 week to 6 months to complete their ISO certification.
At sterling international Consulting, we promise you professional, time bound and a world class ISO management system that is backed by our decades of experience with 7,500 clients across 50+ countries. We believe strongly believe in business ethics during our ISO consulting service provision and work closely with our clients to help them implement and get certified with a result oriented ISO management system. Get ISO certified in the UAE – Dubai & Abu Dhabi with Sterling by calling us at +971 505842597 or sending us an email at email@example.com